Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Criminal Law, Lawyer
Veronika is a solicitor advocate who appears in both contested matters and pleas of guilty in all jurisdictions throughout Victoria. She has worked in both private practice and government-funded organisations, including working in north-west Queensland’s remote communities.
In addition to her fierce passion for the rights of accused people, Veronika has a keen interest in the rights of asylum seekers and Indigenous Australians. She has spent many nights volunteering at the Broadmeadows Detention Centre and worked alongside the Australian Electoral Commission in running the first National Australian Indigenous Youth Parliament in Canberra to celebrate the vote of Indigenous Australians.
Veronika continues to perform volunteer work. She volunteers her time fortnightly at the Fitzroy Legal Service, as well as for a Melbourne-based charity, Co-Ground and is the director of a Melbourne-based social enterprise and charity, Free to Feed. Veronika is also a Commonwealth registered Civil Celebrant.
Veronika’s motivation to make a difference along with her sense of social justice and dedication to human rights are an asset to the firm. Her extensive experience and knowledge enables her true commitment to defending the interests of her clients. Her desire is one of advocating for the best and most just outcomes.
Veronika also speaks fluent Italian and has a basic knowledge of the French language.
Veronika is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono and Legal Profession Committee.
- Arrests and police interviews
- Assaults and injury offences
- Bail applications
- Breach of Court orders
- Commonwealth offences
- Cyber crime
- Drug offences
- Fraud and complex fraud
- IBAC investigations
- Infringement warrants
- Intervention Order proceedings
- Property offences
- TAC and Worksafe investigations
- Traffic offences
- Sexual offences
- Violence offences
- Wrongful imprisonment claims
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- 2013 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2013 Practical Legal Training, Australian National University
- 2013 Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 2015 – current: Slater and Gordon
- 2014 – 2015: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service, Queensland
- 2008 – 2014: Doogue O’Brien George Criminal Defence Lawyers, Victoria
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- LIV Young Lawyers
- Australian Lawyers for Human Rights
- 2016 – current: Free to Feed (charity Director)
- 2015 – current: Fitzroy Legal Service (night service volunteer)
- 2015 – current: Co-Ground (volunteer work for charity)
- 2014 – current: Civil Celebrant
- 2011 – 2012: Youth Governor of Victoria