Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Estate Litigation, Practice Group Leader
Van Moulis has more than 20 years of experience in Commercial Law matters. He has also focused his practice on Estate Litigation.
Both areas of Practice have a focus on equitable and fairness principles.
A central practice focus is securing compensation or adequate provision for persons wronged in commercial transactions and estate/will matters.
Van is very experienced in resolving or mediating such disputes.
- Equity law
- Estate Litigation
- Since 2007 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 1994-2002 Holman Webb (non-equity partner)
- 1983-1988 Moore and Bevins, now Middletons (associate)
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- 1980 Admitted High Court of Australia
- 1980 Admitted Federal Court of Australia
- 1980 Admitted Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 1979 Bachelor of Arts, Australian National University, Canberra
- 1979 Bachelor of Laws, Australian National University, Canberra
- 1996 Master of Laws (Honours) Trade Practices, University of Technology, Sydney
Memberships & Associations
- Commercial Law Association
- Law Society of New South Wales
As one of the first Greek immigrants from the island of Kythera after the First World War, the migration journey of Van Moulis’s maternal grandfather can be traced back a century. Just as poverty and oppression forced his maternal grandfather’s departure from Greece, Van’s paternal grandparents also decided to migrate from Northern Greece.
Van’s parents met at Sydney’s Greek Ball, organised for young single immigrants to meet and find marriage partners. Van’s father joined his new family in Taree in the north coast of NSW, after emigrating from Greece soon after the end of the Second World War, and worked at the family’s cafe and restaurant, The Elite. These days, Van’s family consider their first home Australia, where both his grandparents and father are buried.