Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Commercial & Project Litigation, Principal Lawyer
Commercial and project litigation lawyer Tim Finney has extensive experience working on complex legal disputes with a broad range of clients. Tim’s recent cases include acting for a group of clients against lenders after the collapse of Storm Financial. He is currently representing retail and institutional investors in a variety of shareholder class actions, and also regularly acts for investors who have suffered loss as a result of negligent or inappropriate financial advice.
Tim joined Slater and Gordon in 2004 in its New Client Services department, which he co-managed from 2005 to 2009. After completing his legal studies, he began working in the firm’s commercial and project litigation department.
Tim is a member of Slater and Gordon’s Pro Bono and Community Engagement Committee.
- Financial services and products
- Shareholder class actions
- Professional negligence
- Trade practices and consumer disputes
- 2014, Slater and Gordon (senior associate)
- 2010 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2005 – 2009 Slater and Gordon (team leader, New Client Services)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2010 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2010 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- 2009 Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Monash University
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria