Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation, Practice Group Leader
For Tim Downie, achieving significant results in the face of adversity and helping people who need it most is the core of his practice in personal injury law.
Representing people who are injured – whether at work, through exposure to asbestos or as a result of a motor vehicle or public accident – is a role he takes seriously, conscious that all have entrusted him with a significant issue in their lives.
Making sure their faith is repaid with courtesy, compassion, good advice and efficient resolution of their issue, is what matters most.
For many of his clients it will be their first experience of the law and Tim aims to make as bearable as possible a legal process which is stressful enough without the added pressure of coping with an injury or illness.
Tim completed his law degree at the University of Northern Territory in 1995. He joined Slater and Gordon in 2001 and was Practice Group Leader for the Motor Vehicle Practice in WA before transferring to SA as the State Practice Group Leader.
“Typically my clients have never had previous experience with the law and my first priority is to put them at ease and provide them legal advice in an environment that is not threatening or overwhelming.”
- Slater and Gordon, since 2005, Practice Group Leader - South Australia
- 2001-2005 , Slater and Gordon, Practice Group Leader, MVA - Western Australia
- 1998-2001 Atkins Downie (sole practitioner)
- 1996-1999 Dwyer Durack (WA)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Asbestos Disease Society of South Australia
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2005 Admitted, Supreme Court of South Australia
- 1997 Admitted, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- 1997 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1995 Bachelor of Laws, University of Northern Territory
- 1988 Bachelor of Arts (Industrial Relations / Psychology), University of Western Australia.