Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Public Liability, lawyer
Tara represents clients in their public liability claims. Her work involves seeking compensation for people who have been injured due to the negligence of another in a broad range of scenarios.
Tara enjoys the complexity and variety of this area of law but understands it can cause challenges for clients. She works hard to ensure her clients receive clear and thorough advice about the law and is proud to be a part of Slater and Gordon and its longstanding commitment to providing affordable access to specialised legal services.
Having initially set out on a path towards social work, Tara was drawn to a career in law as a way to help others. With this approach to her legal career, she was attracted to Slater and Gordon from the outset.
Tara has also gained valuable experience assisting victims of motor vehicle accidents and applicants for superannuation disability benefits as a junior legal assistant and law clerk at Slater and Gordon before completing her law degree.
Tara is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono and Legal Profession Committee.
- Injuries on public or private property
- Product liability
- Failures to supervise in childcare/schools/child protection/aged care
- Bullying and assaults
- Injuries while holidaying or overseas
- Animal attacks
- Recreational accidents
Professional qualification and admissions
- 2012 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2012 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- 2009 Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours, Melbourne University
- 2007 Top ranked student, Civil Litigation/Dispute Resolution, Melbourne University
- since 2008 Slater and Gordon (legal assistant, law clerk, lawyer)
- 2008 – 2010 St Vincent’s Hospital (law clerk)
- 2006 – 2008 Eastern Health/Eastern Access Community Health (mental health family support worker and educator)
- 2006 – 2007 Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (legal volunteer)
- 2005 – 2009 Shire of Yarra Ranges (youth support worker)
- 2004 – 2008 Carers Victoria (young carers volunteer)
Memberships and Associations
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Committee Member of the LIV Professional Development Committee
- Speaker for Road Trauma Support Services Victoria (RTSSV)
- Speaker for SANE Australia