Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation, Associate
As a member of Slater and Gordon’s Motor Vehicle Accident claims team, Susan Accary is passionate about helping people whose lives have been catastrophically altered as a result of a car accident.
The Melbourne-based lawyer sees her role as providing access to justice to injured clients and ensuring that the maximum level of compensation is achieved.
Susan’s expertise includes areas of medical disputes, statutory interpretation disputes involving the Transport Accident Act, Serious Injury Applications and Common Law negligence claims. She regularly instructs in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the County Court of Victoria, the Supreme Court and relevant Appellate jurisdictions.
Since she began working at Slater and Gordon in 2008, Susan says the firm has provided her with the opportunity to apply her skills and passion to an area of law where social justice is a prominent issue.
- Transport accident injury claims
- 2014 Slater and Gordon (associate)
- 2008 Slater and Gordon (seasonal clerk/consultant/lawyer)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2011 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2011 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- 2010 Bachelor of Arts/ Law, Monash University
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- LIV Young Lawyers
- Australian Services Union
- Born in Melbourne to parents who immigrated from Lebanon in the 1970s as a result of the Lebanese Civil War.
- Speaks Arabic