Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Workers Compensation, General Manager
Stuart’s commitment to making a complex case seem straightforward is a genuine gift and more importantly, his honesty with his clients about what goal is achievable is an advantage not only for the clients but Slater and Gordon alike.
Having gained formal recognition of legal excellence Stuart has extensive knowledge and experience in a range of liability claims. Stuart is a recommended Lawyer by Motor Vehicle Authority of NSW for paediatric brain and spinal cord issues.
“The idea of helping people at a time of difficulty and achieving a result that goes some way to helping them for their loss or unfortunate occurrence.” - Stuart Barnett
The thing that makes Stuart such a distinguished lawyer is due to his genuine passion and enthusiasm for his job, not to mention the fact that he is an accredited specialist and a lawyer whom you can expect the highest quality legal services, efficiency, best possible legal advice and best chance of a positive outcome in your legal matter.
- Coal miners
- Coronial matters
- Compensation claims
- Accredited Specialist Personal Injury Law
- Slater and Gordon since June 2006 (lawyer)
- 1991- 2006 Reid and Reid Solicitors (lawyer/Partner)
- 1990-1991 Baker Love Solicitors (lawyer)
- 1988-1990 McClelland’s Solicitors (lawyer)
- 1982-1987 Attorney Generals Department-Local Courts Administration (clerk)
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Lawyers Alliance ( formerly APLA)
- Law Society of NSW
- Dixon Park Surf Life Saving Club
- Australian Labor Party
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2007-Appointed as a recommended solicitor for paediatric brain and spinal cord issues by the Motor Vehicle Authority of NSW.
- 2002-Admitted as a Notary Public
- 1996-Accredited Specialist (Law Society of NSW)
- 1987-LLB Law University of technology, Sydney
- 1987-Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- 1987-Admitted to the High Court of Australia