Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Family Lawyer - Practice Group Leader (Victoria)
"I get great satisfaction from helping people through challenging and emotional times and seeing a positive change in them once they achieve a resolution following separation and divorce. They can then move forward constructively with their lives."
Steven Edward is an Accredited Family Law Specialist with 30 years’ experience practicing principally in the area of family law in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. Steven’s expertise covers all family law matters including married, de facto and extended family issues, agreements relating to children, financial agreements and property settlements. He often acts for clients with complex business or asset structures.
Steven expertly and sensitively advises and supports his clients by keeping them well informed of their options at every stage of the process leading to sound decision-making and a fair resolution of matters. His consummate strategic and tactical skills, combined with clear practical communication, ensures the best possible outcome is achieved through an affordable and cost-effective settlement.
- Family Law
- Property Matters
- Slater and Gordon since 2009 (Victorian Practice Group Leader)
- 2008-2009 Mason Sier Turnbull (senior associate)
- 2000-2007 Arnold Dallas McPherson (associate lawyer)
- 1995-2000 Beck Sheehan Quinn Kirkham (associate lawyer)
- 1994-1995 Patrick Hartl and Associates (lawyer)
- 1991-1993 Hodges Hall (Lawyer)
- 1988-1991 Purves Clarke Richards (lawyer)
- 1987-1988 Maurice Blackburn (lawyer)
- 1986-1987 Boyle Boyle and Nicholson (lawyer)
- 1984-1986 Brown and Proudfoot (lawyer)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Family Law Section, Law Institute of Victoria
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2009 LEADR Accredited Mediator
- 1995 Accredited Specialist Family Law
- 1984 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1983 Bachelor of Laws (University of Melbourne)