Associate, Family Law
I have been working in Family Law since 2006. The part I enjoy most about working in Family Law is the ability to assist my client’s with practical and realistic advice while supporting and guiding them through what can be one of the most difficult challenges in their lives – a family separation.
My strengths are the ability to provide advice in an empathetic but realistic and “down to earth” manner. I have a passionate interest in mediation and negotiation which assists me to achieve the best possible outcome for clients, in a cost effective manner.
I have a “small town” background and have trained in general practice in Central Queensland including conveyancing, property law, minor crime and general advice prior to practicing exclusively in family law. Since commencing work exclusively in Family Law I have trained and worked with various accredited specialists in family law at the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and Perth which has enabled me to be exposed to and learn from diverse techniques in client and file management.
I am comfortable fighting for my clients in court but have a settlement focus and aim to achieve a quick and cost effective outcome for my clients where possible.
- Property Settlement
- Parenting Arrangements
- Financial Agreements – Pre-nuptial; Post-nuptial; Post separation; Post Divorce.
- Mediation & negotiation
- Family Court litigation
- Child Support
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- March 2006 Admitted, Supreme Court of Queensland
- 2005 Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Since 2016 Slater and Gordon
- 2014 – 2016 Connor Hunter Law Firm, Family Law Solicitor
- 2011 – 2014 Bowen Buchbinder Vilensky, Associate Family Law Solicitor (Perth)
- 2010 – 2011 Schultz Toomey O’Brien Lawyers, Senior Associate Family Law Solicitor (North Lakes)
- 2009 – 2010 Pippa Coleman & Associates, Family Law Solicitor (Maroochydore)
- 2001 – 2009 Colin Fleming & Company, Solicitor (Family Law & General Practice) & Article Clerk (5 years) – Rockhampton
Memberships and Associations
- Queensland Law Society;
- Family Law Practitioners Association (FLPA);
- Family Law Pathways Network