Superannuation and Disability Insurance, State Practice Group Leader (Victoria)
Sarah commenced her legal career at Nowicki Carbone Lawyers as a graduate lawyer in the WorkCover practice where she was responsible for Common Law, Damages and Statutory Benefits matters. Sarah also has experience in Motor Vehicle and Public liability claims.
In late 2010, she accepted the challenging role of growing and developing the superannuation practice at Nowicki Carbone over the next six years. During this time, Sarah ran a high volume claims and litigation practice, with experience in all levels of the Victorian Courts and Tribunal system. Sarah oversaw the set up and development of the Nowicki Carbone superannuation practices in Ringwood and Adelaide.
Sarah’s passion for superannuation and disability insurance claims allows her to obtain the best possible outcomes for her clients. She is eager to ensure that access to legal support is made as easy as possible for clients.
Sarah joined Slater and Gordon as part of the Nowicki Carbone integration, and is the State Practice Group Leader for Superannuation and Disability Insurance.
Sarah enjoys sharing her knowledge and expertise in disability insurance with community groups who support individuals suffering a disability or illness. She runs education seminars for medical professionals and organisations such as the Cancer Council of Victoria and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Outside of work, Sarah is a keen traveller and loves to delve into the local culture, language and cuisine of the communities she visits.
- Complex insurance litigation claims
- Disability claims (Total and Permanent Disability, Income Protection, Trauma)
- Non-disclosure and insurance fraud cases
- Superannuation disputes
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2010 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2008 Bachelor of Laws, Deakin University
- 2008 Bachelor of Arts (Criminology), Deakin University
- 2016 Slater and Gordon, State Practice Group Leader (Victoria)
- 2014 Nowicki Carbone Lawyers, Practice Group Leader
- 2013 Nowicki Carbone Lawyers, Associate
- 2010 Nowicki Carbone Lawyers, Lawyer
- 2009 Russell Kennedy Lawyers, Law Graduate
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Deakin University Law School Alumni Committee Member