Family Law, Senior Associate
As a family lawyer Rachel Jones is a tenacious advocate for her clients, placing their individual needs at the centre of everything she does.
Having come from a commercial litigation background, Rachel is in a unique position to be able to apply her commercial acumen and negotiating skills within the family law context to assist clients negotiate just and equitable outcomes.
In circumstances where her client’s interests are best served through proceeding through the court process, Rachel has high level litigation skills to guide and support her client’s through the legal system to achieve positive outcomes as efficiently as possible.
Rachel joined Slater and Gordon in 2006, attracted by the progressive and innovative approach the organisation takes to providing legal services with a consumer-law focus.
- Family law
- Commercial litigation
- Professional Standards and Risk
- Corporate responsibility and compliance
- Since 2015 Slater and Gordon (Family Law, senior associate)
- 2014 – 2015 Slater and Gordon (Professional Standards and Risk Lawyer)
- 2013 – 2014 Slater and Gordon (Acting Corporate Counsel)
- 2007 – 2013 Slater and Gordon (Commercial Litigation, Associate)
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- 2014 Completion of ‘Children, parental responsibility and divorce’ through the College of Law
- 2010 Completion of ‘Family property, maintenance and child support’ through the College of Law
- 2008 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2006 Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
Memberships & Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- May – June 2008 “Accommodation Bonds: Are they protected?”, Precedent (Sydney, NSW) issue 86.