General Manager, NSW/ACT Personal Injury; Comcare National Practice Group Leader
Rachael is the General Manager of the NSW/ACT Personal Injury Practice and the National Practice Group Leader for Comcare Law. For more than 18 years, Rachael has been helping people understand the complexity of the federal work injury claims system (commonly referred to as "Comcare").
Rachael plays a dual role at Slater and Gordon, leading both the wider NSW/ACT Personal Injury team the National Comcare team.
Over her many years, Rachael has been involved in many high profiles cases, provided advice to both clients and key stakeholders and has fiercely advocated for the rights of injured workers both in Court and in the political sphere, appearing numerous times before the Senate. A passionate advocate for the vulnerable, Rachael is driven by ensuring as a society we provide and protect those who are in need.
- Complex personal injury litigation claims
- Stakeholder engagement
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- 1999 Admitted, Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory
- 1999 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Australian National University
- 1998 Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws, Australian National University
- Slater and Gordon, 2013 – present, General Manager, NSW/ACT PI
- Slater and Gordon, 2003-2007, 2009-present, Comcare National Practice Group Leader
- Richards Lawyers, 2002-2003, partner
Memberships, Associations and/or Community Involvement
- Compensation and Employment Law Committee of the Federal Litigation Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- NSW Law Society member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member