Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Estate Planning, Senior Associate
Rabia Javed offers tailored legal advice to clients with consideration to succession planning, asset protection, complex commercial arrangements, corporations law, trusts and tax minimisation.
Rabia brings a positive attitude to each matter and a keen ability to understand the unique circumstances of her clients.
Through finding practical solutions she is able to help her clients preserve their hard-earned wealth for those they wish to benefit.
Rabia joined Slater and Gordon in 2013, attracted by the high quality service it offers and its varied client base.
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection
- Succession Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Preparation of Wills incorporating Testamentary Trusts, Disability Trusts, Protective Trusts
- Providing clients with strategic advice on the best possible solutions to meet their wishes
- Preparation of Enduring Powers of Attorney in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania
- Reviewing SMSF Deeds, preparing beneficiary nominations and providing strategic advice to clients in relation to distribution of superannuation on death
- Reviewing Family Trust Deeds and preparing Deeds of Variation as and when required
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Advice on tax minimisation on death
- Probate and Estate Administration
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- 2006 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2006 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
- 1999-2004 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Law – Monash University
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon (associate)
- 2010 – 2012 ANZ Trustees and Private Bank (estate planning lawyer)
- 2007 – 2010 Kliger Partners (estate planning & commercial lawyer)
- 2005 – 2007 State Trustees (lawyer)
Memberships & Associations
- Full Associate of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria