Estate Planning, Practice Group Leader
Rabia Javed-May offers tailored legal advice to clients with consideration to succession planning, asset protection, complex commercial arrangements, corporations law, trusts and tax minimisation.
Rabia brings a positive attitude to each matter and a keen ability to understand the unique circumstances of her clients.
Through finding practical solutions she is able to help her clients preserve their hard-earned wealth for those they wish to benefit.
Rabia joined Slater and Gordon in 2013, attracted by the high quality service it offers and its varied client base.
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection
- Succession Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Preparation of Wills incorporating Testamentary Trusts, Disability Trusts, Protective Trusts
- Providing clients with strategic advice on the best possible solutions to meet their wishes
- Preparation of Enduring Powers of Attorney in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania
- Reviewing SMSF Deeds, preparing beneficiary nominations and providing strategic advice to clients in relation to distribution of superannuation on death
- Reviewing Family Trust Deeds and preparing Deeds of Variation as and when required
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Advice on tax minimisation on death
- Probate and Estate Administration
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- 2006 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2006 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
- 1999-2004 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Law – Monash University
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon (practice group leader)
- 2010 – 2012 ANZ Trustees and Private Bank (estate planning lawyer)
- 2007 – 2010 Kliger Partners (estate planning & commercial lawyer)
- 2005 – 2007 State Trustees (lawyer)
Memberships & Associations
- Full Associate of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria