Commercial and Project Litigation Claims, Associate
Peter is an experienced litigator and advisor and has acted for a diverse range of clients including property owners, individual investors, businesses, and not-for profits, in both litigious and non-litigious claims.
Peter is an Associate in the Commercial and Project Litigation group. He has particular expertise in property-based disputes (including environmental damage claims) and in advising consumers who seek to recover losses for negligent financial advice.
Peter’s recent property and environment experience includes the following:
- Acting for clients who face compulsory acquisition of their land, including those with complex claims dealing with contamination, town planning, and valuation issues;
- Acting for clients with claims arising from fires, including multiple clients affected by the November 2011 Margaret River Bushfires;
- Acting for farmers with claims arising from the negligent actions of third parties on their properties;
- Acting for clients with claims made under the Water Act.
Peter’s recent commercial disputes experience includes:
- Representing clients with claims against financial services providers, including recently acting for hundreds of clients as an Independent Customer Advocate in the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s Open Advice Review Program;
- Advising in relation to Freedom of Information disputes;
- Advising in relation to applications made to the ACCC.
Peter is also a trusted advisor for a large Victorian Aboriginal Corporation and is experienced in advising in relation to governance, not-for profit, and Aboriginal Heritage issues.
Peter is highly regarded for his thorough case analysis and advice, which is targeted at practical solutions for his clients.
- Contractual disputes
- Negligence claims
- Financial services claims
- Environmental contamination and property damage claims
- Consumer law claims
- Incorporated associations
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2012 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2011 Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2011 Bachelor of Arts, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- Since 2012, Slater and Gordon (associate)
- 2011 Slater and Gordon (graduate lawyer)
- 2008 - 2010 Slater and Gordon (paralegal)
- 2008 - 2010 Office of Brian Tee MP (electorate officer)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- La Trobe University Student Union – Life Member