Senior Associate, Criminal Law
Paul began practising criminal law in 2004 and is the head of Slater and Gordon’s NSW criminal law practice.
Paul is a skilled advocate and has extensive experience in conducting the full range of criminal advocacy including:
- Contested hearings
- Appeals against sentence and conviction
- Bail applications - (including Supreme Court)
- Sentence hearings
Expertise in cases involving:
- arrest and police interviews
- rape and sexual assaults
- fraud and proceeds of crime
- firearms offences
- drugs importation/supply/possession
- driving offences
- RMS licence suspension appeals
- Prior to moving to Australia, Paul practised as a solicitor at a leading criminal firm in the heart of London’s Chancery Lane legal district.
- He was one of a limited number of UK solicitors to have rights of audience in all of the senior criminal and civil courts.
- Paul is a Law Society Accredited Specialist in criminal law and advocacy (England & Wales).
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- Admitted as a lawyer, New South Wales – 2015
- Admitted as a lawyer, Western Australia, Australia – 2015
- Higher Rights of Audience Accredited (criminal & civil) (England & Wales) – 2012
- Accredited specialist in Criminal Law (England & Wales) – 2012
- Admitted as a solicitor (England & Wales) – 2008
- Law Society Police Station Accreditation Scheme (England & Wales) – 2005
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Slater and Gordon Pro Bono and Legal Profession Committee.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Volunteer at Redfern Legal Centre