National Manager of Social Work Services, Melbourne
When someone is seriously injured or ill, obtaining the correct entitlements under the legal system is only one part of the many issues a person and their family may have to face. Slater and Gordon established the Social Work Services department to enable its clients to readily access assistance in relation to the emotional and social impact of their injury or illness.
Olga Gountras is the National Manager of Slater and Gordon’s Social Work Services. Olga brings over 21 years of social work knowledge and skills in the health service industry to the firm. She has worked in public and private health settings; acute care and rehabilitation; on spinal cord injury teams, amputee team, acquired brain injury teams and specialised in orthopaedic rehabilitation primarily with patients injured in motor vehicle and work related accidents.
“Seeing clients actually benefit from my assistance and helping improve their lives is by far the greatest satisfaction that anyone can get in this line of work.”
Olga’s knowledge and expertise in conjunction with her open, honest and empathic approach to her work make her an asset to the firm.
“What attracted me to Slater and Gordon was their genuine interest in the welfare of their clients. I’m excited to have the opportunity to develop the Social Work Services department to complement the high quality legal services the firm already provides.”
- Slater and Gordon since 2009
- 1995-2009 The Victorian Rehabilitation Centre
- 1990-1995 Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre
- 1987-1990 Austin Hospital
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) - AASW Victorian Branch Committee Member
- Oncology Social Work Australia - Secretary
- Rural Social Work Action Practice Group - Committee Member
- Health Social Work Directors’ Group
- Social Work Trauma Special Interest Group
- Cancer Social Work Special Interest Group
- 1988-2009 Health Services Union - Health Professionals
- 1993-2009 Branch Committee member, HSU - Health Professionals
- 2004 Graduate Diploma Human Resource Management, University of Swinburne
- 1994 Master of Social Work, University of Melbourne
- 1986 Bachelor of Social Work, University of Melbourne
- 1984 Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne