Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Medical Law, Practice Group Leader
He handles all aspects of Medical Negligence work and has significant expertise representing people with serious or catastrophic injuries.
Nick has over 10 years of experience representing children and adults in large claims for personal injury damages, securing multiple million dollar settlements for his clients.
He is committed to providing an excellent service to his clients.
This means not only winning the highest levels of damages in the quickest time possible but also supporting them and helping them practically to find the care and treatment they need.
His particular area of interest is in in claims concerning cerebral palsy or other serious injury at birth, brain injury suffered by children and adults, amputations and loss of vision. Nick has expertise in claims of wrongful birth – some of which relate to children with Down Syndrome, congenital abnormalities and severe congenital disorders.
Nick also has an interest in the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and the rights of people with disabilities to care and supports under the scheme.
Nick has commented in the national and local media on issues surrounding poor care and has lectured in Medical Law
- Medical Law
- TAC law
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 2015 Accredited Specialist - Personal Injury Law
- 2013 Admitted, Supreme Court of Samoa
- 2011 to present, Student of Masters in Medical Law
- 2006 Admitted, Supreme Court of The ACT
- 2006 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, ACT
- 2006 Bachelor of Laws and Arts, ANU
- Since July 2016 Slater and Gordon (Practice Group Leader)
- 2014 – 2016 Slater and Gordon (Senior Associate)
- 2013 – 2014 Office of the Attorney General, Samoa (Principal Lawyer)
- 2013-2014 Oceania University of Medicine (Lecturer)
- 2006 – 2013 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2005 -2006 Slater and Gordon (article clerk)
Memberships and associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Liberty Victoria
- National Disability Insurance