Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Personal Injury Claims, Associate
Mylinda represents clients who have sustained physical and psychological injuries as a result of the negligence of others. She is a good listener, honest, hardworking and respectful to her clients’ needs.
The clients she represents come from varying backgrounds and experiences including tradesmen, accountants, unemployed, carers and stay-at-home mums. They all have different stories and histories to relate but they have all needed assistance to navigate the issues that arise after suffering from an injury, whether in a motor vehicle accident, the workplace or in a public place.
She enjoys civil litigation, as it allows her the opportunity to assist people at a particularly difficult and challenging time and to help improve lives adversely affected by injury or illness.
Since 2005, Mylinda has been actively involved as a member of the Young Lawyers Committee (Sth). In 2008 she held the position of Southern President and in 2009 she was appointed by the Law Society of Tasmania to the role of National Representative for Tasmanian Young Lawyers on the Australian Young Lawyers Committee (a division of the Law Council of Australia). Since being a member of the committee she has encouraged its involvement in a range of social and continuing legal education initiatives, in which she has a strong personal interest in the committee's greater involvement in charitable events.
Mylinda's compassion and commitment to charitable causes has also led her to be elected to the Board of Directors for the Royal Guide Dogs Tasmania in 2009/10 for a three-year term. Mylinda has been a committee member and the secretary for the Tasmanian Branch of Australian Lawyers Alliance (ALA) 2005 and 2011. ALA is a National organisation that strongly supports the rights of plaintiffs.
Mylinda is married with one daughter and enjoys spending time with her young family.
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2004 Admitted, Supreme Court of Tasmania
- 2004 Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice
- 2003 Bachelor of Arts/Law, University of Tasmania (major in Political Science)
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon (associate)
- 2004 – 2012 Hilliard and Associates (associate)
Memberships and Associations
- 2005 and 2013 Australian Lawyers Alliance (Tasmanian Branch) – committee member and the secretary
- Since 2009, Royal Guide Dogs Tasmania – Board of Directors (three year term)
- Since 2009 – 2012, Australian Young Lawyers Committee (a division of the Law Council of Australia) – National Representative for Tasmanian Young Lawyers
- Since 2008, Young Lawyers Committee (Sth) – Southern President
- Since 2005 – 2013, Young Lawyers Committee (Sth) – member
- Since 2004, Member of the Tasmania Law Society
Mylinda was born in Tasmania and attended the University of Tasmania.