National Practice Group Leader, Family Law
Mona is the National Practice Group Leader for Family Law and is based in Victoria.
Mona is an experienced family lawyer, who is highly motivated, practical and results driven in her approach to family law. She is empathetic and believes in the importance of ensuring her clients fully understand the legal process and how it relates to them.
Mona provides sensible and realistic advice with an aim to achieving the best possible results for her clients in a timely and cost effective manner. Mona assists de facto and married parties, LGBTI couples and families as well as grandparents and other significant people in children’s lives. She has a broad range of experience in family law and typically provides advice in relation to financial matters and property settlements, financial agreements, maintenance, divorce and children’s and custody matters.
Mona joined the Slater and Gordon team in 2008.
- Family Law
- Parenting Matters
- Property Settlements
- Financial Agreements
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Defacto Relationship Matters
- LGBTI Families
- 2017 Slater and Gordon (National Practice Group Leader)
- 2016 Slater and Gordon (Practice Group Leader)
- 2013 Slater and Gordon (Principal Lawyer)
- 2008 Slater and Gordon (Associate)
- 2006 – 2008 Pearsons Barristers and Solicitors (Lawyer)
Memberships and associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 2015 - present – Executive MBA, AGSM, University of New South Wales
- 2006 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2006 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2006 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Leo Cussen Institute
- 2005 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), La Trobe University
- 2005 Bachelor of Arts, La Trobe University