Motor Vehicle Accidents, Practice Group Leader
As an accredited specialist, Michael Lawandi is one of Slater and Gordon’s leading compensation claims lawyers. Since joining the firm in 2007, he has continued to build on his experience in the field, helping those who have been made vulnerable and aggrieved as a result of an incident.
With more than 10 years of legal experience, Michael prides himself on providing clear and accurate legal advice, with a careful assessment of each case. He takes pleasure in securing the best possible result for his clients, helping to bring them a step closer to putting their lives back on track.
Born in Egypt, Michael immigrated to Australia with his family in the early 80s.
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon (Practice Group Leader)
- 2007 - 2012 Slater and Gordon (senior associate)
- 2004 – 2007 McClellands (associate, then senior associate)
- 2001 – 2004 McClellands (lawyer)
- 2000 – 2001 Stojanovic Solicitors (articled clerk, then lawyer)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2008 Accredited Specialist Compensation Law
- 2001 Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 1999 Bachelor of Laws, University of Sydney
- 1997 Bachelor of Science, University of Sydney
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of New South Wales
- Immigrated from Egypt to Australia with his parents in the early 80’s
- Grew up in Revesby south-west of Sydney
- Parents both veterinarian surgeons, who ran a private clinic in south-west Sydney.
- While at university, was an active student in the Sydney University Law Student Association and the Coptic Pharoenic Society.