Motor Vehicle Accident Claims, Principal Lawyer
Melinda Griffiths, Principal Lawyer of Slater and Gordon in Wollongong, has been working as a solicitor for over 20 years with more than 15 years in Wollongong and the Illawarra areas.
With clients who may have a compensation claim, Melinda displays both compassion and dedication when dealing with the legal issues surrounding her clients’ needs, thus allowing them the time and peace of mind to focus on their rehabilitation without the worry of litigation.
Melinda’s commitment to her work is often recognised by her clients, who are appreciative of her empathetic approach, professionalism and efforts in achieving the best possible result for their case.
Having become an Accredited Specialist in compensation claims, Melinda has also been professionally recognised as being a strongly competent practitioner in her area of law.
In March 2017 Melinda was elected President of the Wollongong and District Law Society. Prior to being elected President, Melinda was Vice President for 3 years and 2 years earlier as Social Secretary for the Society.
Melinda is the Practice Group Leader of compensation claims in our Wollongong office. She won the Regional/Suburban Lawyer of the Year in the 2017 Australian Law Awards, and was a finalist in the same awards in 2016.
- Slater and Gordon since 2009 (practice group leader)
- 2007-2008 Keddies Solicitors (managing solicitor)
- 1997-2007 Keddies Solicitors (solicitor)
- 1994-1997- Keddies Solicitors (legal clerk)
- 1992-1994 Ferrier and Associates (clerk)
Memberships and Associations
- Wollongong and District Law Society
- Illawarra Chamber of Commerce
- Illawarra Women in Business
- Stanwell Park Surf Life Saving Association
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2008 Accredited Specialist, NSW
- 2004 Masters of International Sports Law, Anglia Polytechnic University, Cambridge
- 1997 Diploma of Law
- 1997 Legal Practitioners Admission Board