Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Family Law, Lawyer
Matthew’s strength as a family lawyer is in his ability to find the shortest possible path to the best possible solution. He provides an efficient and cost effective service to his clients – where possible, resolving matters without resorting to lengthy, drawn out and taxing legal proceedings.
He helps clients from socially and culturally diverse backgrounds and works hard to guide his clients through a difficult time in their lives towards achieving a positive result, which enables them to move forward confidently. His advice is clear and concise yet he always takes the time to build a solid rapport with his clients by listening and understanding their needs.
- Family Law
- Since 2012, Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2011 Slater and Gordon (graduate)
- 2007 – 2010 Slater and Gordon (new client consultant)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2012: High Court Register of Practitioners.
- 2012: Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria.
- 2012: Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, Melbourne.
- 2010 Bachelor of Laws, Monash University.
- 2010 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – majoring in French Studies and Spanish and Latin American Studies, Monash University.
- 2008 – 2009 Independent Person with the Youth Referral and Independent Person Program (Melbourne, Australia)
- 2004 – 2009 Tutor with the St Vincent De Paul WNT tutoring program (Melbourne, Australia)
- 2008 – Prisoner Legal Education Assistance Program, Monash Oakleigh Legal Service (Melbourne, Australia)
- 2006 – 2007 Legal intern at the Center for Justice and International Law Mesoamérica (San José, Costa Rica)
- 2005 – 2006 Youth Instructor with ANSPAC Juvenile (Monterrey, México)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Advanced Spanish (Castellano)
- Intermediate French