Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Commercial & Project Litigation, Associate
Melbourne lawyer Mathew Chuk works predominantly in project litigation, with a particular focus upon the securities class action against Sigma Pharmaceuticals, the November 2011 Margaret River bushfires and investigations into New Zealand finance company failures. His previous experience includes work on the Vioxx class action against drug manufacturer Merck.
Mathew relishes the opportunity to represent groups of people in large-scale litigation, seeing it as a challenge that requires commitment, attention to detail and a creative approach to problem-solving.
Mathew also works on commercial disputes. He enjoys the challenge of preparing complex claims at a firm such as Slater and Gordon, where high quality work with a purpose is valued.
- Class actions
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Product liability
- Shareholder litigation
- General commercial litigation
- Since 2011, Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2010 Slater and Gordon (graduate lawyer)
- 2008 – 2009 Slater and Gordon (paralegal)
- 2007 General Secretary, National Union of Students
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2011 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2011 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2010 Bachelor of Laws (Hons, First Class), University of Melbourne
- 2008 Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Australia
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria