Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Asbestos Claims, Practice Group Leader
Ensuring that her clients get not only the best legal result possible but are also treated with respect, care and sensitivity throughout the legal process is what matters most in Margaret Kent’s asbestos practice.
Empathetic and approachable, Margaret is a tough opponent when necessary. Her care for her clients’ wellbeing is evident in the tenacity and efficiency she and her team apply when fighting for compensation on their behalf. In her own words, “it is a great privilege to work so closely with asbestos disease sufferers and their families at a time of such momentous upheaval in their lives. I am glad to be able to make a difference.
“Obtaining compensation provides our clients not only much-needed money at a time of financial pressure but [accredited specialist] also a sense of having their experiences acknowledged and some measure of justice.”
Margaret takes great pride in her responsibility and the work of her team of “terrific people who are not only good at their jobs but who also have good values”.
“Practising law is far more interesting than studying it,” she says. “I enjoy the wide range of people I meet and the chance to provide clients with assistance at a hard time in their lives.”
“Obtaining compensation provides our clients not only much-needed money at a time of financial pressure but also a sense of having their experiences acknowledged and some measure of justice.”
Slater and Gordon, 2004, partner, 1997, articled clerk
Memberships and associations
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Thoracic Society of Australian and New Zealand
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 2007, Accredited Specialist Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 2004 Postgraduate Diploma (Arts) University of Melbourne
- 2000 Admitted, Supreme Court of Tasmania
- 1999 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1998 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1994 Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne
- 1994 Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne