Commercial and Project Litigation, Principal Lawyer
Manisha is a Principal Lawyer in the Victorian Commercial and Project Litigation team. She has worked on significant cases in other Australian states.
Manisha is an experienced commercial litigator and advisor in disputes, and is an effective advocate for her clients in resolving claims.
Manisha has worked with Slater and Gordon for 15 years and has considerable experience in land and environment matters, including complex compulsory acquisition and land contamination matters.
Manisha is a strong advocate and sound advisor for her clients who face compulsory acquisition of their land. She has acted for a significant number of clients in relation to the East West Link as well as in complex claims arising from the Regional Rail Link and other infrastructure projects. She enjoys guiding her clients through the difficult circumstances that life can present, and negotiating hard in the interests of her clients.
Manisha’s experience includes acting for over 600 home owners in a housing estate in a landmark class action against the City of Casey and EPA for loses caused by gas migrating from a closed landfill site.
Manisha also advises clients on corporate governance issues, and senior-level employment disputes.
- Compulsory acquisition claims for owners and businesses
- Environmental contamination and property damage claims
- Consumer law claims
- Executive employment disputes
- Prosecuting, defending, litigating and negotiating a range of commercial claims
- Class action litigation
- Corporate governance advice including for incorporated associations
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2006 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2004 Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 2004 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Monash University
- Manisha completed her Articles of Clerkship with Slater and Gordon in 2005 and has been a Principal Lawyer since 2015.
Memberships and Associations
- Manisha is a proud member of Victorian Women Lawyers.