Family Law, Associate
Lawyer Mairead Melia first began working at Slater and Gordon in 2010 and was admitted to practice in 2011.
She is the head of the Sunshine Family Law practice and practices exclusively in Family Law.
Mairead grew up in regional Victoria and is now a Western Suburbs local. She enjoys dealing with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and works hard to achieve sensible, practical and realistic solutions for her clients.
Mairead is experienced in a broad range of areas, including divorce, parenting matters, property and financial settlements, spousal maintenance, financial agreements, and de facto and same-sex relationship matters.
Her strengths as a lawyer include: giving clear and concise advice in terms that her clients can understand, and providing quality legal services with a personal touch.
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Lawyers for Animals
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2011 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2011 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Leo Cussen Institute
- 2010 Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University
- 2010 Bachelor of Business (Human Resources Management), La Trobe University