Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Family Law, Senior Associate
Liz has more than 20 years’ experience as a lawyer. For the past ten years she has worked almost exclusively in the area of Family Law, drawing upon her previous experience to guide her clients through complex property negotiations or to prepare them for court.
Liz is passionate about assisting her clients to achieve positive outcomes either through alternative dispute resolution or the Court process.
Liz gets immense satisfaction from assisting her clients to work through their options for suitable dispute resolution. Her primary goal is to always helping separated families move forward financially and with a clear plan for parenting, and addressing any future disputes that may arise.
Liz has held previous senior roles in private practice as well as key positions in a large corporation, the Queensland government, and as an adviser to the Australian Banking and Financial Services Ombudsman.
- Property/financial negotiations
- Advice in relation to children’s issues
- Dispute resolution conferences/mediation
- Drafting Court orders by consent
- Representing clients in the Family Court/Federal Circuit Court
- De facto/same sex property matters
- Child relocation – within Australia and overseas
- Child support
- Spouse maintenance
- Binding Financial Agreements including prior to marriage
- since 2010 Slater and Gordon (formerly Schultz Toomey O’Brien)
- 2008-2010 Kelly Legal (Special Counsel) Mackay Qld
- 2004-2008 Kelly Legal (Senior Associate) Mackay Qld
- Australian Banking Industry Ombudsman (Case Manager) Melbourne
- National Australia Bank (Legal Adviser) Melbourne
- Department Natural Resources (Principal Project Officer – Water Reform) Brisbane
- McCullough Robertson (Lawyer) Brisbane
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2001 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1993 Admitted Supreme Court of Queensland
- 1997 Master of Laws QUT
- 1990 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), QUT
Memberships and Associations
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Queensland Law Society
- Sunshine Coast Law Association
- Suncoast Community Legal Centre
- STEMM (Supporting Teenagers with Education Mothering and Mentoring) – honorary solicitor