Personal Injury, Senior Associate
For more than a decade Lina Howroyd has been practising exclusively in personal injuries law. Her expertise lies in medical negligence claims and she is accustomed to dealing sensitively with seriously injured and disabled clients.
Lina has extensive experience representing clients in the full range of personal injuries matters including motor vehicle accidents, workplace and occupier common law claims in the Supreme Court of Tasmania, and Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Tribunal matters.
Lina brings a practical plain-English approach to the delivery of legal services, which is appreciated by her clients.
Her non-legal interests include travel, outdoor pursuits such as bushwalking and camping, soccer, and a disproportionate fondness for ABC and BBC programs.
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2001 Admitted, Supreme Court of Tasmania
- 2001 Admitted, High Court and Family Court of Australia
- 1994 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise, University of Tasmania
- 1993, Bachelor of Laws, University of Tasmania
- 1981, Bachelor of Arts, University of Tasmania
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon (senior associate)
- 1999 – 2012 Hilliard and Associates (senior associate)
- 1996 – 1998 Bennett Howroyd, Barristers and Solicitors
Memberships and Associations
- Tasmania Women Lawyers
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
Lina was born in Australia of Italian migrant parents and holds Italian citizenship. She speaks Italian and has a good understanding of the barriers sometimes experienced by newly arrived immigrants in Australia and those who struggle with the language.