Medical Negligence Claims, Senior Associate
Lee is an accredited specialist in personal injury law, who has expertise in ensuring that her clients are properly compensated for their injuries arising out of medical negligence.
Lee has strong skills in preparing and assessing complex medical negligence claims, including cases in which clients have suffered catastrophic injuries in the form of quadriplegia, paraplegia, as well as catastrophic injuries suffered at birth.
“It is a great privilege to make a difference to clients who are going through what is often the hardest time in their lives. Obtaining compensation for clients not only helps to relieve the financial burden they are suffering, but is also recognition of the trauma they have experienced.”
She is driven by helping vulnerable people work their way through a challenging legal system that often hinders them. Obtaining the best legal result possible, and ensuring that her clients understand what is happening in their case, every step of the way, is what matters most in Lee Kimonides’ medical negligence practice.
Lee’s extensive knowledge of the legal system and sensitivity to her clients’ needs, is evidenced by the tenacity and efficiency with which she prepares their cases.
- Medical negligence claims
- Complaints to the Health Services Commissioner
- Coronial investigations and inquests
- Complaints to the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority
- since 2007 Medical Negligence Lawyer, Slater and Gordon;
- 2004-2010 Volunteer Lawyer, Springvale Monash Legal Service
- 2005-2007 Medical Negligence para-legal, Slater and Gordon
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
- 2007 Bachelor of Arts, Monash University
- 2007 Bachelor of Laws, with honours, Monash University
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Lee is a Greek Cypriot Australian