Motor Vehicle Transport Accident Claims, and Workers Compensation Claims
Kot Monoah is a personal injury lawyer working in the suburb of Sunshine. Kot specialises in motor vehicle transport accident claims as well as workcover claims.
Kot's clients are typically people who are injured as a result of a traffic or work accident. Going through these types of claims is often a difficult time for clients and being unfamiliar with the legal system can make it all the more daunting for them, but Kot makes the process simpler for them by being sensitive to their needs and those of their families.
Mr Monoah's story is one of survival against the odds, yet he asks for little more than the chance to help others
Born in southern Sudan, his family was forced to flee a civil war when he was four after their home town was attacked.
"As a four-year-old I had to learn to duck from shrapnel and bullets" "When I was seven my father decided to seek refuge in Ethiopia, because of the constant gunfire and death all around us."
It took a further 12 years, living in horrific conditions in the Kenyan Outback Refugee Camp of Kakuma and facing hunger and diseases to get a humanitarian visa that allowed his mother and her children to move to Australia
Kot is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono and Legal Profession Committee.
- Personal injury litigation
- Workers compensation (Workcover)
- Slater andGordon since 2010 (lawyer)
- 2010 Slater and Gordon (seasonal clerk)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2010 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2010 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Australian National University)
- 2009 - 2010 Victoria Police Community Liaison Officer
- 2009 Bachelor of Laws Victoria University
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria