Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Family Law, Principal lawyer
Principal lawyer Kim Healy heads up the Newcastle and Gosford family law teams. Kim is an approachable, well-grounded lawyer with all the necessary skills to provide clients with clear, straightforward advice and professional proactive service.
She has extensive knowledge of children’s issues and advises on residence, contact arrangements and parenting. She appears regularly as an advocate in Sydney, Newcastle and Parramatta Family and Federal Magistrates Courts and is well regarded amongst the legal profession for her practical approach to resolving legal issues, pursuing her client's interests through negotiation, both formal and informal, and where necessary in a trial situation.
"The breakdown of a marriage or relationship, for many, can be the most traumatic time of their lives. Being a family lawyer is not just being a general lawyer - I am dealing with people's future. The results for clients must be the best available."
Kim appreciates the impact of non-legal issues that can often cloud and complicate negotiations in this area of law. Her understanding, articulate manner and precise approach to legal practice means that she can quickly understand and analyse all aspects of a client's legal concerns, and advise on the appropriate legal action that will achieve the best outcome for her clients.
- Family Law
- De Facto and Same Sex Relationships
- Slater and Gordon since 2010 (lawyer - associate 2011)
- 2009-2010 Emery Partners (lawyer)
- 2004-2009 Central Coast Legal Centre (principal solicitor)
- 2003-2004 Attorney Generals Department (legal officer)
- 2002-2003 D. G. Thomas (lawyer)
- 1985-1998 Sydney University (lecturer)
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Qualified Independent Children's Lawyer
- Member of the Family Law Section, Family Law Council of Australia
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia.
- Law Society Accredited
- Specialist Family Law
- Qualified in Organisation Management
- Admitted, Solicitor and Barrister of the High Court of Australia
- Masters of Law Degree, Family Law
- Graduate Degree in Management and Organisation
Memberships & Associations
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Newcastle Law Society
- Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association (committee member)
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Women’s Lawyers Association New South Wales