LLB B Com (NSW), M Sc (Distinction) (LBS), MAICD
Ken joined the company in 1995 and was appointed an Executive Director in 2003. Ken retired as an executive director in August 2016 to focus on his position as CEO, UK.
Ken has extensive litigation experience particularly in claims for sufferers of asbestos related illness (including acting for the ACTU and asbestos support groups in negotiations with James Hardie) and large, multi-party group and representative actions.
Ken took a lead role in establishing Slater and Gordon’s presence in New South Wales, and until December 2009 Ken managed the significant growth of Slater and Gordon’s NSW team, the majority of whom joined the Group through the acquisition of smaller firms.
Until 2011, as General Manager of the Commercial and Project Litigation practice, Ken had stewardship of the Group’s portfolio of high profile project litigation cases.
Following a leave of absence to complete further study in 2012, Ken returned to a senior management role within the Group in January 2013 assuming responsibility for management services and non-personal injury practices.
Ken brings to the Board a unique operational perspective in several of the Group’s key strategic areas. As a legal practitioner with over 17 years’ experience and qualifications in economics and business management, Ken contributes skills in legal practice, legal practice management, risk management, financial analysis and financial reporting.
- Major litigation and class actions
- Financial services and products claims
- Markets and securities claims
- Litigation funding
- Asbestos law
- Since 1995 Slater and Gordon
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2013 Sloan Masters in Leadership and Strategy (with distinction), London Business School
- 1996 Admitted Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 1996 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1996 Admitted High Court of Australia
- 1994 Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- 1994 Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Institute of Company Directors