Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Wills, Probate, and Estate Claims
Kelly has been employed by the firm for over 10 years, working in our Brisbane office across various practice areas. Since 2012 Kelly has practised exclusively in wills and estates.
Kelly has particular interest and significant experience in estate disputes, power of attorney disputes and guardianship/administration matters. Kelly also has experience in probate, estate administration and estate planning, including testamentary trusts.
Kelly is passionate about supporting her clients with advice, help and support during some of the most difficult and emotional times in their lives.
A diligent and focused lawyer, Kelly always keeps her clients informed about their rights, risks, costs and progress of their matter.
Kelly is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono and Legal Profession Committee.
- Contesting wills/estates.
- Family provision applications - acting for applicants where they have been unfairly provided for by the deceased’s will or under the rules of intestacy.
- Acting for executors or administrators in defending family provision applications or challenges to a will or estate.
- Challenging the validity of a will on the basis that the deceased lacked testamentary capacity, was unduly influenced to change their will and/or there were suspicious circumstances surrounding the creation of the deceased’s will.
- Disputes regarding the administration of an estate or trust.
- Superannuation death benefit disputes.
- Power of Attorney disputes.
- Guardianship and administration matters in relation to adults with impaired capacity.
- Elder Law – Financial abuse and improper use of power of attorneys.
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon, Lawyer
- 2006 – 2011 Slater and Gordon, Legal Assistant/Law Clerk
- 2004 – 2005 Hefferan & Co Solicitors, Conveyancing Clerk
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 2012 Admitted, Supreme Court of Queensland
- 2011 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- 2011 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Southern Queensland
- 2004 Commissioner for Declarations
Memberships and associations
- Queensland Law Society
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, Technician Member
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland