Medical Law, Lawyer
Kate was particularly attracted to the challenge of working in the area of Medical Law for the opportunity to provide clients with advice in this varied and complex field. Kate is driven by the scope to obtain answers for clients, following what are often very difficult and traumatic life events. She particularly values working towards fair outcomes and assisting her clients in moving forward with their lives.
With her empathetic yet highly efficient approach, Kate strives to obtain the best possible results. Kate’s understanding and communication skills have been fundamental to meeting her clients’ needs and expectations in an effective and timely manner.
Kate joined Slater and Gordon believing that the strong values of the firm aligned with her own, particularly the firm’s commitment to facilitating access to justice for clients of diverse circumstances.
- Medical Law
- TAC Law
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2015 - current Student of Masters of Health and Medical Law (The University of Melbourne)
- 2007 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2007 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law
- 2006 Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University
- 2003 Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications), The University of Melbourne
- since 2014 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2013 – 2014 Mackinnons Solictors, Aberdeen, United Kingdom (legal executive)
- 2009 – 2013 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2009 Grocon (Community Liaison Officer – Bushfire Disaster Recovery), Kinglake, Victoria
- 2006 – 2008 Maurice Blackburn Commercial (paralegal, lawyer)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Amnesty International