Lawyer, Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation
Julia commenced her legal career with Slater and Gordon in 2011 and is based in the Melbourne Motor Vehicle Accident team, though she has also worked in the firm’s Dandenong, Frankston and Ringwood offices throughout her time.
Having seen the struggles her grandparents faced as immigrant factory workers with limited education and language skills, Julia was drawn to Plaintiff work through a drive to use her opportunities to help vulnerable people navigate what can at times be a complex legal system. It was this background that initially drew her to Slater and Gordon, given the firm’s strong commitment to social justice issues and providing access to justice to all Australians.
Through her work Julia is committed to helping her clients access the maximum of their entitlements under the law. Her aim is to support her clients through the claims process and take the stress of dealing with the TAC off their shoulders so that they can focus on their health and recovery.
Julia has successfully resolved legal disputes across a broad range of matters and regularly instructs in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and the County and Supreme Courts of Victoria.
- Transport accident litigation
- Statutory benefits disputes regarding medical expenses and wages
- Impairment lump-sum claims
- Serious Injury Applications and Common Law negligence claims
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2016 Admission to Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2016 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- 2014 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 2016 Slater and Gordon, Lawyer
- 2014 Slater and Gordon, Law Clerk
- 2011 Slater and Gordon, Consultant/Team Manager
Memberships, Associations and/or Community Involvement
- Law Institute of Victoria