Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Industrial & Employment Law Claims, Lawyer
I have been practicing in employment law since 2010, first at a Community Legal Service and then with Slater and Gordon.
I have experience in unfair dismissals claims, general protections claims, wage and entitlement claims, enterprise agreement disputes, redundancy disputes as well as disability discrimination and gender discrimination and sexual harassment claims.
I have appeared in the Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court, Tasmanian Magistrates Court and the Tasmanian Anti-Discrimination Tribunal.
- Employment law claims
- Criminal law matters
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2010 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Tasmania
- 2004 - 2008 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws, University of Tasmania
- Since 2015 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2013 - 2014 Office of the Premier (advisor)
- 2010 - 2015 Hobart Community Legal Service (lawyer)
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Lawyers for Human Rights member 2013 – present
- Law Society of Tasmania member 2010 present
- Law Society of Tasmania Criminal Law Committee – Committee member 2012-2013
- Australian Republican Movement – Board member 2011-2013
- Refugee Legal Service – Board member 2015
Publications, articles, books
- Precedent Magazine (Australian Lawyers Alliance) Issue 112 September/October 2012 “Mean Streets – A review of Police Powers legislation”
- As editor: “Government, administration and justice” Tasmanian law handbook 2013