Workers Compensation Claims, Senior Associate
Gemma has worked across a broad range of legal practice areas, but specialises in workers compensation claims in the firm’s Newcastle office. Born and raised in the coalmining town of Lithgow and coming from a family of underground coal miners, she has developed extensive knowledge about the industry and excelled as a lawyer in this area.
“I thoroughly enjoy travelling throughout regional NSW to meet people from all walks of life and understand how I can help them find a positive way forward.”
Joining Slater and Gordon for its solid reputation and ethos, Gemma is passionate is about helping her clients understand the legal system, which can often be complex and overwhelming.
Gemma strives to not only provide good legal advice but also support her clients who find themselves in difficult and distressing situations.
Gemma thoroughly enjoys the challenges of working in a regional practice and lives on a small hobby farm with her husband and baby daughter in the Hunter Valley.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Compensation claims
- Common Law claims
- Coronial inquiries
- since 2006 Slater and Gordon, Senior Associate
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- Accredited Specialist Compensation Law, Law Society of New South Wales
- Admitted to Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Wollongong
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction), University of Wollongong & University of Sheffield (UK)
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Newcastle Law Society
- Young Lawyers of New South Wales
“I have to say Gemma is one of the most lovely, concise and articulate young ladies I’ve ever dealt with. She is informative and constructive in keeping me up to date, which in turn gives great peace of mind. Gemma is the absolute package and I would like it noted with Slater and Gordon it’s appreciated”. - MC