Managing Lawyer, Tamworth
Fiona was born and raised in northwest NSW and has extensive experience in all types of personal injury law. She practised in Sydney and New York for more than a decade, before bringing her world class legal skills back to her hometown in 2015 to manage Slater and Gordon’s Tamworth office.
Keenly aware of the hardship her clients endure as a result of their injuries, Fiona places her clients’ needs at the centre of everything she does. She is well known for her caring and compassionate nature, while her professional, persistent and passionate representation of her clients also earns the respect of her adverseries, be it in informal resolutions or complex litigation.
Fiona takes great pride in leading a team of local professionals who are raising the bar for legal services available in rural NSW, by continually providing personal and dedicated service to their clients. Her team is motivated toward achieving the best and fastest possible resolutions, while also vigorously defending their clients’ claims.
Fiona is a proud member of Slater and Gordon; reassured that while she is able to live and work in regional NSW, she has daily interaction with, and access to the knowledge and expertise of the best legal representation in the country.
- since 2015 Slater and Gordon (Managing Lawyer, Tamworth)
- 2014 – 2015 O’Hare Parnagian, New York (Special Counsel)
- 2012 - 2013 Slater and Gordon (Senior Associate, Asbestos)
- 2011 - 2012 Slater and Gordon (Senior Associate)
- 2004 - 2011 Slater and Gordon (Associate)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2015 Admitted, Attorney United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- 2014 Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- 2014 Notary Public, New York
- 2013 Admitted, Attorney New York State Bar
- 2010 Accredited Specialist in Compensation Law, Law Society of New South Wales Specialist Accreditation Board
- 2007 Admitted, Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- 2004 Admitted, Solicitor Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2004 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Technology Sydney
- 2003 Bachelor of Laws The University of New South Wales
- 2003 Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and International Relations), The University of New South Wales
- 1998 International Baccalaureate, New England Girls School, Armidale NSW
Memberships and Associations
- Member, Law Council of Australia, International Law Section
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, American Association for Justice, Product Liability and Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway and Premises Liability Sections
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Tamworth Business Chamber
- August 2015 “Three Malpractice Cases Create Clearer Interpretations of Laws” New York Law Journal (Co-Authored with Jeffrey Lichtman and Richard Menchini)
- August 2014 “Medical Monitoring Cause of Action Rejected in One of Three Stand-Out Cases” New York Law Journal (Co-Authored with Jeffrey Lichtman and Richard Menchini)