Personal Injury, Practice Group Leader
Emma practises primarily in civil litigation, with a focus on personal injuries matters including motor vehicle accidents, workers compensation, public liability and medical negligence.
Emma understands that for many this will be their first experience with the law as well as being one of the most trying times of their lives. As a result, Emma takes a dedicated, courteous and compassionate approach when providing legal advice to her clients. She ensures that they have a clear and realistic understanding of the options available to them at every stage, while trying to resolve their claim as efficiently as possible.
Emma began with Slater and Gordon Lawyers in 2012 following the firm’s acquisition of Hilliard and Associates.
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2007 Admitted to the Supreme Court of Tasmania
- 2006 Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Psychology), University of Tasmania
- 2006 Bachelor of Law (Hons.), University of Tasmania
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon (Practice Group Leader)
- 2007 – 2012 Hilliard and Associates (associate)
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Young Lawyers Committee (Sth)
- Tasmanian Women Lawyers Association
- Tasmanian Multiple Birth Association