Senior Associate, Commercial and Project Litigation
Eileen has a broad range of experience in commercial disputes in both state and federal jurisdictions, with particular experience in professional negligence, debt recovery and financial services disputes.
As a commercial and project litigation expert, Eileen is attracted by the diverse subject matter of the cases she handles, and the clients she represents. Her clients range from experienced investors, farmers and small companies to retirees and mum and dad investors.
Eileen’s practice includes representing clients who have suffered significant losses as a result of poor or bad professional advice from financial advisors, lawyers and accountants. Eileen also represents clients who have incurred losses in connection with their business arising from incorrect or incomplete information supplied by the previous business owner and disputes with a franchisor or landlord.
Eileen enjoys helping her clients to understand their legal rights and obtaining satisfactory and practical outcomes to their legal problems as quickly as possible.
- Administrative law (VET sector and regulated occupations)
- Agricultural disputes
- Commercial litigation
- Contractual and trade practices disputes, including insurance, franchising and IT-related disputes
- Debt recovery
- Professional negligence including
- Shareholder and financial services litigation
- Representative proceedings / class actions
- Acting for registered training organisations in reviewing and appealing decisions of the regulatory authority.
- Advising liquidators regarding their rights and obligations with respect to corporate assets.
- Acting on claims against financial advisors and banks arising from inappropriate financial advice or lending practices and unauthorised transactions.
- Representing individuals where their claim against an insurance policy has been rejected or is under investigation.
- Acting on claims against builders and contractors for poor or defective work.
- Advising individuals regarding their options with respect to jointly-owned property.
- Acting on claims against franchisors for misrepresentation and/or misleading or deceptive conduct.
- Representing individuals in disputes between shareholders, directors and partners.
- Acting on claims against lawyers for negligent advice and/or conduct.
- Representing individuals in bank-operated alternative dispute resolution schemes.
- Advising farmers and agricultural distributors regarding their options arising from lost produce or contaminated land.
- 2014 Slater and Gordon (associate)
- 2009 - 2014 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2009 Kenyons Lawyers (lawyer)
- 2008 Kenyons Lawyers (articled clerk)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2010 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2009 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2009 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- 2007 Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University
- 2007 Bachelor of Information Systems, La Trobe University
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria