Motor Vehicle Accident Claims, Practice Group Leader
With extensive experience in the legal industry that stems back to 2000, Don Maffia’s areas of skill and expertise include road accident injuries and transport accident claims.
His diverse experience in litigation means that Don has vast knowledge of Common Law Damages claims, Serious Injury Applications, Court of Appeal matters and Dependency claims. Don also has expertise in disputes against the TAC in relation to payments of benefits such as payment of medical expenses, wages and lump sum impairment benefits.
Don works to help facilitate a dynamic and team-orientated approach to resolving claims and helping achieve the best possible outcome for his clients. With his wealth of knowledge and experience, Don offers a passionate and friendly approach to the claims processes to ensure his clients are respected and understood.
Don is currently a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Law institute of Victoria’s transport accident committee and the VCAT TAC user group.
- Personal Injury Law – Transport Accident Claims
- Civil procedure
- No fault accident compensation under the Victorian Transport Accident Act
- Administrative law
Professional Qualifications & Admissions
- 1999, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Monash University
- Since 2014 Slater and Gordon Group (practice group leader)
- 2011 – 2014 Nowicki Carbone (partner)
- 2001 – 2011 Slater and Gordon (senior associate)
- 2000 – 2001 Rennicks Gippsland
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Institute of Victoria – Transport Accident Committee
- VCAT TAC user Group
- Don grew up in Broadmeadows
- Fluent in Spanish
- Parents immigrated here from Argentina