Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
General Manager, Personal Injury Law Victoria
Dina began her career at Slater and Gordon over 15 years ago as a lawyer in the Major Projects team. There she managed a number of landmark litigation projects, including the High Court litigation against multiple airlines on behalf of hundreds of people who suffered deep vein thrombosis (DVT). In 2003, Dina coordinated the successful resolution of more than 200 claims on behalf of people who contracted Hepatitis A from contaminated oysters. She later began Australia’s first wrongful death in detention claim against the Commonwealth of Australia and the operator of an immigration detention facility on behalf of a grieving Tongan family.
In 2006, Dina established the Slater and Gordon Ringwood office where she developed and managed the WorkCover and Motor Vehicle Accident (TAC) teams. She conducted significant litigation including the Transport Accident Commission v Serwylo, which clarified a technical point under the American Medical Association (AMA) Guidelines and improved access to common law compensation for injured Victorian motorists.
Dina has since held a number of management positions including National Practice Group Leader of the Superannuation and Disability Insurance team and State Practice Group Leader of the Civil Liability group. In 2015, she was appointed General Manager of Personal Injury Law Victoria and is a member of the National Executive.
In addition to her management and litigation experience, Dina is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria Tort Reform Working Group and has had extensive involvement in important legislative policy reform processes relating to Civil liability claims.
- 2015-present: General Manager, Personal Injury law Victoria
- 2011-present: State Practice Group Leader, Civil Liability
- 2008-2016: National Practice Group Leader, Superannuation & Disability Insurance
- 2008 -2011: Practice Group Leader, Ringwood
- 2006: Senior Associate & Ringwood Office Manager
- 2005: Associate & Ringwood Office Manager
- 2001: Articled Clerk, Major Projects
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 2007: Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 2004: Admitted High Court of Australia
- 2002: Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2000: Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 1998: Bachelor of Economics, Monash University