Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation, Associate
Denise Chan represents clients in their motor vehicle accident claims, many of whom have had the lives significantly affected as a result of suffering an injury.
She strives to achieve a successful outcome for her clients in an efficient manner with minimal disruption to their lives. This allows her clients to focus on recovery as best they can.
What Denise most enjoys about her job is meeting different people from all walks of life, building a successful lawyer-client relationship and ensuring her clients feel their concerns are being addressed at every step of the claims process.
Since being admitted as a lawyer she has become a valued member of the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims team. At Slater and Gordon there is a strong team spirit where each member strives to achieve a just outcome for their clients and ensure that maximum compensation is achieved. This has been a factor that has attracted Denise to the firm.
- Transport Accident Commission (TAC) claims
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2012 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2012 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
- 2009 Bachelor of Laws/Arts, La Trobe University, Victoria
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon (associate)
- 2011 Slater and Gordon (graduate clerk)
- 2009 – 2010 Slater and Gordon (new client services support team leader)
- 2008 – 2009 Slater and Gordon (new client services consultant)
- 2006 – 2008 Lloyd Meridian Legal (law clerk)
- 2006 – 2008 - Disability Employment Action Centre (DEAC) Legal Service (law student volunteer)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Of Hong Kong decent
- Fluent in Cantonese