Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Industrial & Employment Law, Lawyer
As an Industrial and Employment lawyer Daniel Stojanoski stands up for the rights of everyday employees in achieving a fair and equitable workplace.
His strength as a lawyer is in his ability to successfully negotiate with employers to reach the best possible outcomes for his clients.
Daniel strives to ensure that employees are not at a disadvantage when it comes to their rights in the workplace and that they are treated on the same playing field as their employers.
Daniel was attracted to Slater and Gordon as a firm that shares his values that everyone in society should be entitled to justice.
Being born and raised in a working class background allows him to interact on a personal level with his clients and understand their needs.
The Employment law areas Daniel has experience in are:
- Mediation, dispute and grievance resolution
- Negotiating with employers in all aspects including mutual severances
- Drafting deeds of settlement
- Unfair dismissals including constructive dismissals
- General protections/ adverse action claims
- Bullying advice
- Redundancy advice
- Defamation advice
- Discrimination claims
- Disciplinary and misconduct based matters
- Performance and capacity based matters
- Breach of contract advice and litigation
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts
- Denied contractual benefits claims
- Restraint of trade advice
- Sham contracts advice
- Maternity/paternity leave advice
- Job flexibility advice
- Freedom of association advice
- Professional registrations
- Working with Children Checks (WA specific)
- Education law and representing teachers from state, private and tertiary institutions.
- Employment law
- Industrial law
- Contract law
- Administrative law
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity law
- Occupational Safety and Health law
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2012 Community and Public Sector Union / Civil Service Association of WA (industrial officer)
- 2011 – 2012 Government of Western Australia, Department of Regional Development and Lands (project leader)
- 2010 – 2011 Tottle Partners (law clerk)
- 2008 – 2010 Fremantle Community Legal Centre (law clerk volunteer)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2013 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2012 Admitted, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- 2012 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, The Australian National University, Canberra
- 2011 Bachelor of Laws, The University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle
- 2011 Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy), The University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Services Union
- Industrial Relations Society of Western Australia
- Australian Labour and Employment Relations Association
- The Law Society of Western Australia
- Daniel’s family emigrated from Macedonia in 1980
- He comes from a working class family of labourers
- Fluent in Macedonian