Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Commercial & Project Litigation, Lawyer
Chenoah Ellis represents a broad range of clients in commercial matters including competition and consumer disputes, contractual disputes, franchise disputes, and professional negligence matters.
Chenoah first began working at Slater and Gordon as a paralegal whilst completing her studies at the University of Melbourne and has been a valued member of the Commercial and Project Litigation team ever since.
During her seven years with Slater and Gordon, Chenoah has developed specialty knowledge of the legal framework of the Australian financial services sector and the international and domestic organic agriculture industry.
- General commercial litigation
- Financial services litigation including claims against financial planners and stockbrokers
- Professional negligence claims against banks, accountants, and solicitors
- Company and corporations matters including shareholder claims, director and partnership disputes
- Contract disputes including consumer contracts and the Australian Consumer Law
- Equity and trusts including unconscionable conduct claims
- Common law negligence and nuisance
- Domestic and international organic agriculture regulation, contract and common law disputes
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2011 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2011 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- 2009 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Melbourne
- 2009 Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), University of Melbourne
- Since 2011 Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2010 Slater and Gordon (graduate lawyer)
- 2007 – 2009 Slater and Gordon (paralegal)
- 2008 Youthlaw (public policy intern)
- 2006 – 2007 Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (executive officer)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Born in Ontario, Canada
- Moved to Melbourne, Australia in 2005