Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Commercial Litigation Claims
Carita Kazakoff works in Melbourne’s industrial and employment law team. Carita takes great pride in representing unions and their members in Victoria.
Carita was first attracted to working at Slater and Gordon by the firm’s long-standing connection with the labour movement and the cases the firm has run to help improve the lives and safety of workers in Australia, be that in relation to asbestos disease, workers’ compensation or large industrial disputes.
- Industrial & employment law
- Compulsory acquisition
- Class actions
- Contract disputes
- since 2008, Slater & Gordon (articled clerk, then lawyer)
- 2006 – 2008 Supreme Court of Western Australia (judge’s associate)
- 2004 – 2005 Liquor Hospitality & Miscellaneous Union, WA Branch) (industrial officer)
Professional qualifications & admissions
- 2009 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2009 Admitted High Court of Australia
- 2005 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Notre Dame, Western Australia
- 2005 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Notre Dame, Western Australia
Memberships & associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Services Union, Victorian Branch Executive
- CERES Environment Park