Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Practice Group Leader, Estate Litigation Claims
Bibi Amidzic represents clients from all walks of life advising them on will and estate litigation matters ranging from breaches of trust by an executor or trustee through to what to do when left out or treated unfairly in a will.
Bibi’s work sees her acting for both plaintiffs and defendants in all court matters relating to deceased estates and applications to the Guardianship List of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. Bibi has practised almost exclusively in this area since 2002.
- Applications to the court (both County and Supreme) for further provision from a deceased estate;
- Applications for removal of executors/trustees; Applications to revoke grants of probate;
- Contested probate applications based on allegations of lack of capacity and/or undue influence;
- Applications to the Court on questions of will interpretation
- Since 2010 Slater and Gordon (principal lawyer)
- 2008-2010 Wisewould Mahony Lawyers (lawyer)
- 2007-2008 Kenna Teasdale Lawyers (senior associate)
- 2005-2007 Mason Sier Turnbull Lawyers (lawyer)
- 2002-2004 Lucas Neale Lawyers (senior associate)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2002 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2002 Admitted Supreme Court of NSW
- 2001 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, NSW
- 2000 Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Sydney
- 1995 Bachelor of Science, Monash University
Memberships and Associations
- Accredited Specialist Law Institute of Victoria - Wills and Estates
- Member of Law Institute Succession Law Practice Section
- Member of Law Institute Litigation Lawyers Practice Section
Bibi Amidzic is fluent in Serbo-Croation