Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Estate Planning & Wealth Protection, Senior Associate
With over 13 years of experience in the area of Wills and Estates, Betty Leung is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Succession Law.
She acts for clients in considering their Estate Planning needs, including the establishment of Wills incorporating Testamentary Trusts, Enduring Powers of Attorney and other testamentary documents. She has extensive experience in assisting high net worth clients achieve effective succession of wealth involving complex structures, rural estates and international assets.
Betty enjoys putting in place the right succession plan to assist individuals and families pass on their wealth, and advising executors in carrying out the deceased’s wishes.
- Estate Planning and Wealth Protection
- Succession Planning – personal and business
- Preparation of Wills incorporating Testamentary Trusts, Protective and Disability Trusts
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Probate and Estate Administration on behalf of executors
- Advice on Family Trust deeds, and preparation of Deeds of Variation
- Reviewing Self Managed Super Fund deeds, preparation of beneficiary nominations and providing strategic advice to clients in relation to distribution of superannuation on death
- Since 2015 Slater and Gordon (Senior Associate)
- 2010 – 2015 ANZ Trustees and Private Bank (Senior Lawyer – Estate Planning)
- 2004 – 2010 McCullough Robertson Lawyers (Senior Associate)
- 2002 – 2004 deGroots Wills & Estate Lawyers (Lawyer)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2010 Graduate Certificate Business Administration
- 2007 Accredited Specialist in Succession Law, Queensland Law Society
- 2004 Masters of Laws, University of Queensland
- 2002 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2002 Admitted, Supreme Court of Queensland
- 2001 Graduate Diploma Professional Legal Education and Training
- 2001 Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- 1999 Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland
Memberships and Associations
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist Advisory Committee
- Member of Queensland Law Society