Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Family Law, Lawyer
Beth practices exclusively in the area of Family Law and has lived and worked on the Sunshine Coast for the past 10 years.
Beth specialises in matrimonial and de facto property settlements, private mediations and litigation, parenting, spousal and child support issues. She has a strong interest in children’s matters, advocating in complex circumstances including domestic violence, risk of abuse and child protection matters.
Beth has been admitted as a practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia and is a member of the Queensland Law Society, Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia, Family Law Practitioners Association (FLPA) and the Sunshine Coast Law Association.
- Matrimonial and de facto property settlements
- Spousal and child support issues
- Domestic violence
- Child protection
- 2014 to present - Schultz Toomey O’Brien Lawyers /Slater and Gordon Lawyers (Lawyer)
- 2013 - 2014 Garland and Waddington Solicitors (Lawyer)
- 2009 – 2013 Taylors Solicitors (Associate)
- 2004 - 2007 Swanston and Associates Lawyers (Lawyer)
- 2004 Swanston and Associates Lawyers (Graduate)
- 2003 Stone and Partners Lawyers (Law Clerk)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2015 Law Council of Australia - Independent Children’s Lawyer Training
- 2011 Queensland Law Society - Practice Management Course
- 2004 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2004 Admitted, Supreme Court of Queensland
- 2004 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice Grad Dip (Legal Prac)
- 2004 Bachelor of Laws LLB
- 2000 Bachelor of Arts (Economic History) BA
Memberships and Associations
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Family Law Practitioners Association (FLPA)
- Sunshine Coast Law Association