Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
National Practice Group Leader, Melbourne - Commercial and Project Litigation
Ben Hardwick is the National Practice Group Leader for Slater and Gordon’s Commercial and Project Litigation practice. This practice specialises in class actions and large-scale litigation, and with over 50 lawyers, is one of the largest and best resourced litigation teams in Australia.
Ben is one of the most experienced class action lawyers in Australia, having acted in a range of class actions and ADR projects including:
- Storm Financial and CBA Dispute Resolution Scheme (Consumer/Financial Services)
- Sigma Pharmaceuticals (Securities)
- Cranbourne Methane Gas (Property/Environmental)
- Australian Direct Finance (Henry Kaye) (Consumer/Financial Services)
- Money for Living (Professional Negligence)
- Margaret River bushfires (Property/Environmental)
Ben has extensive experience in compulsory acquisition and property related litigation, having acted for hundreds of claimants in compensation claims against statutory authorities, regularly obtaining compensation for his clients far exceeding the original amounts offered.
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Building and Construction
- Compulsory Acquisition
- Professional Negligence
- Since 2001 Slater and Gordon (practice group leader)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2002 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2001 Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne
- 2001 Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne